School Study Tour: Washington International School
Do you want to deepen the international focus of your school but are unsure what that looks like in practice? Join us for facilitated school tours and participate in an interactive two-day seminar that combines the theory of internationalizing schools with real-world examples. The schools have proven track record of offering high-quality international education.
The two-day session will allow you to
* learn about international education and globalizing the curriculum
* participate in classroom observations
* meet with school leadership teams
* talk with students and parents from the school
* participate in a summative debriefing of the experience
* engage in next-steps planning to help deepen global learning at your own school
During this study tour, participants will visit the award-winning school, learn about their K-12 International Baccalaureate programs, and tour classrooms and meet students at both the elementary and secondary levels. Of particular interest is their strong dual language program at the school in Spanish and French, as well as Dutch for native speakers.